hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject patch process failures
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:43:48 GMT
Some of you have asked why the patch process is failing so
frequently.  Our unit test suite seems to have destabalized again.

FYI, when you go to a link from the Jira comment like this:
   <http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Hadoop-Patch/430/
testReport/>
and see entries in the "Failed Tests" section like this:
   org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask$1.unknown
it means that a test took longer than 15 minutes to run and was
therefore killed (timeout).
To find out which one, you have to go to the Console Output ([raw]
link) and search for
FAILED (console output may take a while to load).

I'm seeing TestTable and TestTimestamp timeout most frequently.  Also
TestSymLink, TestDecommission, and TestDFSUpgrade fail occasionally.

hth,
Nige