hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Bwolen Yang" <wbwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: \r\n problem in LineRecordReader.java
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:35:41 GMT
> You should file a Jira on this (with your traces etc).

done.

a couple questions.

- When including code/stack trace, my input was nicely indented, but
after submission, somehow the text formatting fields are all mess up.
(e.g., the entire code segment became one line).   Is attachment the
only way to do this right?

- To track this, I essentially was doing "printf" debugging.   It is
rather slow/painful.  Is there a way to get suspend the tasks, which
will then allow people to attach a debugger in time to trace thru the
execution.   If not, how do people generally debug problems like this?

I generally find the ability to debugger-attach to programs and just
roam around the stack helps greatly in understanding complex programs
quickly (even if I am not looking for bugs).

bwolen