hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom White" <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Examples and tests for aggregate library
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:53:07 GMT
Runping,

> AggregatorTests is actually used by the unit test class
> TestAggregates.java which is in test/org/apache/hadoop/mapred.
> Not sure why I put TestAggregates in that dir though.
> I can move the code easily if it is desired to do so.

I missed TestAggregates. I think it belongs better with
AggregatorTests, so yes I would suggest it's moved to
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.aggregate.

> As to the abacus example code, the code itself is a bit weird --- it is
> generated by Jython. I was not happy with it. And I did not have time to
> write a nicer example. Now that release 0.13 is out, I'll find some time to
> write an example.

The code in src/contrib/abacus/src/examples is generated with Jython?
It looks OK to me. Whatever, I've created a Jira issue to sort out the
examples (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1547).

> If you open Jiras for those issues, I or somebody in my team will pick them
> up.

Thanks!

Tom