hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase Performance Q's
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:11:29 GMT
James Kennedy wrote:
> I've re-profiled with your recent updates.  Overall the benchmark
> seems 4.1% faster averaged over several runs.  I can't say i noticed a
> significant improvement in the readAndProcess()/ObjectWritable.write()
> methods. I'll definately add a vote to Hadoop-414.
I made no changes to readAndProcess nor ObjectWritable, just changes in
hbase code. Profiling writing, the changes in HADOOP-1498 made it so
hbase code no longer showed as a significant consumer of CPU nor as an
allocator of objects (Are there hbase CPU/Object-allocation hotspots
showing in your reads profiling.  Did HStoreKey.extractFamily
improve?).  4% isn't much of an improvement.  For the big wins, it looks
like we need to look more at the RPC'ing (or in how hbase is using the RPC).

St.Ack