hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Kurtis Heimerl" <munn...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding the datafile call stack
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:16:18 GMT
hey, I'm working on implementing permissions for hadoops DFS system.

My first task is to associate users and groups with files. I have
accomplished this with directories by adding a User object which contains
user and group fields. This is transferred over the wire and stored with an
INode. So, this is working.

For more general data files, I am unable to find where they instantiate (or
even use) INodes. I've modified the INode API to force any instantiation of
an INode to use a User, but a call to -put is just failing silently without
creating a new INode.

Does anyone have any idea about what I could be missing?

Thanks