hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hudson confused
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:11:36 GMT
Nigel Daley wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> Best would be if trunk was never broken...
>
> +1.  As Owen has advocated in the past, perhaps the patch process should
> only +1 when 2 (or 3?) test runs ALL pass, instead of the current state
> where just 1 of 2 attempts need to pass.

Yes, that would be an improvement, but it would mean considerably longer
delays before we're comfortable committing.  Unless, as Owen also
suggests, we run unit tests on a cluster.  Another alternative might be
to try to use ant's parallel task to run unit tests in parallel on a
single machine.  This is unfortunately a little tricky...

Doug