hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Hairong Kuang" <hair...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Question regarding the datafile call stack
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:50:39 GMT
The call stack for instantiating an Inode for a file is
FSDirectory.addFile
FSNamesystem.completeFile
NameNode.complete

Hope that it helps.

Hairong

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurtis Heimerl [mailto:munncha@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:16 PM
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Question regarding the datafile call stack

hey, I'm working on implementing permissions for hadoops DFS system.

My first task is to associate users and groups with files. I have
accomplished this with directories by adding a User object which contains
user and group fields. This is transferred over the wire and stored with an
INode. So, this is working.

For more general data files, I am unable to find where they instantiate (or
even use) INodes. I've modified the INode API to force any instantiation of
an INode to use a User, but a call to -put is just failing silently without
creating a new INode.

Does anyone have any idea about what I could be missing?

Thanks