hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: committing to 0.13.0 (trunk)
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:13:48 GMT
FWIW, I've tested 1135 + 1140 with trunk last night and all is well.   
I think both these fixes could be released today at 0.12.2.

I created a 0.12.2 release in Jira and assigned these issues to it.

Cheers,
Nige

On Mar 22, 2007, at 2:43 AM, Tom White wrote:

> I was holding off committing while waiting to see if we need a 0.12.2
> release. It looks like we do for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1135 (which I've now
> committed). So, I would propose we release 0.12.2 tomorrow (Friday) or
> the weekend, then catch up on the 0.13.0 backlog next week. Thoughts?
>
> Tom
>
> On 22/03/07, Nigel Daley <ndaley@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> Clearly we have a long backlog of patches for 0.13.0.  At last count
>> it was 18.
>>
>> I run a large suite of benchmarks every night on trunk and I'm
>> concerned that if we apply them all at once, we won't be able to
>> identify individual patches if/when problems arise.
>>
>> Are committers willing to spread out commits of these patches over 2
>> days?
>>
>> If so, here's a proposed schedule:
>>
>> Thursday 22 (these all apply given this order):
>>    702
>>    1135
>>    1101
>>    1071
>>    1116
>>    1120
>>    1064
>>    1063
>>    1137
>>
>> Friday 23
>>    the rest that will apply
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nige
>>


Mime
View raw message