hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: 0.12.1 release plan
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:21:18 GMT
Nigel Daley wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> The current process seems to be that we release often and then wait
> some time before declaring a particular release as stable.  So I see
> no problem in releasing something sooner than later that contains
> fixes for major defects that we currently know about.  It will then
> 'soak' in the community for some time before we declare it stable or
> discover we need a follow-on bug fix release.
>
> Make sense?

Sure, it does. All I'm saying is that this release is going to be more
shaky than the previous ones, and perhaps giving it another two weeks
would save you the effort of making a release that is known to be
unstable ... I guess I was hoping too much that we can use 0.12.1 in
this Nutch release ... ;)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><