hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JavaSpaces (Blitz?) and hadoop - comparison?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:25:57 GMT
Tomi,

It's been a while since I looked at JavaSpaces, but from what I recall, it's really more of
a technology/spec that enables persistence and messaging/communication between distributed
java components, but it doesn't implement MapReduce nor the distributed FS like Hadoop does.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Tomi N/A <hefest@gmail.com>
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:38:50 PM
Subject: JavaSpaces (Blitz?) and hadoop - comparison?

I just came across a technology which sounded interesting, but doesn't
seem very wide spread called JavaSpaces. An implementation is Blitz
(http://www.dancres.org/blitz/).

From what I see, it seems to be a distributed computation and
persistence engine so it made me wonder if anyone on this list would
know anything about it and, maybe, compare the two technologies. Well?
:)

Cheers,
t.n.a.