hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Milind Bhandarkar <mili...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: BytesWritable does not have a setter method for the byte[]
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:46:22 GMT
I have written a Buffer class in Hadoop record I/O. Buffer resembles
BytesWritable. I have added a few methods to it that make it better
(IMHO). They are set(byte[]), append(byte[], offset, length), append
(byte[]), and truncate(). In future BytesWritable could be generated
by the record I/O translator from this DDL:

class BytesWritable {
   Buffer value;
}

- Milind