hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Environment Variable replacement in Path?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:32:29 GMT
Hi Guys,

  I recently wrote a small generic utility that would do environment
variable replacement within a Path. So, given a path such as:

/my/path/[ENV_VAR #1]/other/string/[ENV VAR #N]...

And environment variables:

$ENV_VAR #1...$ENV_VAR #N

 my utility would replace all environment variables within the Path string
with the environment variables delimited by '[' and ']'.

 Would something like this be useful to Hadoop, and if so, where should it
go? Path.java is a good candidate IMO. If you folks find this useful, let me
know and I shall prepare a patch.

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris