hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jim White <...@pagesmiths.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "Bigtable&Sawzall" by udanax
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:31:30 GMT
Seems to me that wiki pages are absurdly cheap and we're better off
encouraging participation than discouraging it.

As for noise from wiki update notifications, that must be a subscriber
choice because I don't get them.  For folks who don't like them I
suggest turning that option off.  Also wikis typically have sandboxes
for just this purpose, and certainly there is no need for the list to be
notified of changes there.

Communication with folks for whom English is not their first language,
and are just starting to use Internet collaboration tools to boot, can
be somewhat challenging for all involved.  I would hope the Hadoop
project develops a culture of tolerance rather than harsh criticism.

My 1/50th of a buck.

Jim