hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Kubes <nutch-...@dragonflymc.com>
Subject Re: Input paths
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:43:30 GMT
InputFormatBase is used by some of the other input formats such as
SequenceFileInputFormat so changing it there will affect those other
classes as well.  I don't know if that is what you want or not.  I would
probably extend TextInputFormat (assuming the files are in text logs
such as apache logs and not xml files) and override the
areValidInputDirectories to checks for files in the directories and the
getSplits to return splits with only the files that you want to process.

Dennis