hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Forcing all blocks to be present "locally"
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:13:54 GMT
Sameer Paranjpye wrote:
> The DFSClient API has methods to set the block size when a file is
> created.

Thanks, I missed that. However, this still doesn't solve the problem - I
can't set this super-large block size when creating the files, because
then I lose most benefits of storing them (long-term) on DFS. What I
need is a way to _temporarily_ make them localized to a particular
machine, just for performance reasons, and without having to copy them
out of DFS ...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><