hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Bertin <frederic.ber...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject include test utility classes into hadoop's jar?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:50:54 GMT
Hi all,

I met a small problem today, writing tests for map/reduce jobs. Indeed,
I wanted to reuse the MiniMRCluster class, located in Hadoop's test
source tree.
However, this source tree is not included in Hadoop's jar, which my
project depends on. That's why I had no other solution than copying this
class in my project's source tree (keeping it in its original package,
otherwise it doesn't work).

I see two possible solutions:

    * move test *utility* classes (not test classes themselves) in a
      test package in the main source tree
    * release a hadoop-test.jar together with the current hadoop.jar

I personaly prefer the first solution.

WDYT?

Thanks.

Fred