hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From barry.kap...@gmail.com
Subject Stopping datanode and namenode
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:09:53 GMT
I am using hadoop's DFS in tomcat and was curious how other people are
getting the deployment loader to work in conjunction with hadoop.
Essentially the problem I am having is:

1) tomcat started and war deployed and running
2) New war file dropped into webapps dir
3) tomcat unloads war file, thus shutting down everything...
4) tomcat unpacks and loads new war file
5) servlet not started due to hadoop errors

The issue is there is no way to stop the namenode or datanode, thus
when I unload my app the daemon threads from the first bootup are
still running, causing any subsequent load to have errors because
hadoop dfs's namenodes/datanodes are still up, with open sockets.

I see the code has some calls to stop the namenode for unit testing,
what about opening that up, or adding a calls to namenode and datanode
to shut them down?

Or am I missing something obvious :)

-Barry