hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From yichao.zhang <yichao.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to start namenode, 2 datanodes on one box?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:41:55 GMT
Hi
is there a way to start the name server and more than 1 data servers on just
one box. I have only one PC and want to test against dfs.
I have set up one name server and just one data server in psuedo-distributed
mode on my box in eclipse.
However it seems no way to add another data server even if I have 3 Ethernet
adapters, one is a real d-link card, the other 2 are Microsoft loop
adapters. so my box has three different ip. but the data server is
identified by machine name, so there is impossible to have 2 data servers on
a single box, is that right?  or is it possible to simply identify a data
node by its ip to solve this issue?
your 2 cents appreciated!

-Yichao