hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Debugging DFS and MapReduce through Eclipse
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 16:00:30 GMT
I debug using eclipse. For example, if I need to debug JobTracker, I
put the following lines in the hadoop script:

elif [ "$COMMAND" = "jobtracker" ] ; then
   #HADOOP_OPTS="$HADOOP_OPTS -
agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=y"
   CLASS=org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker

the I just start everything up using start-all.sh. I should note that
I always debug code built inside of eclipse. I don't use ant. I just
import Java projects from SVN and export JAR files.

ben