hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Wootton, Alan" <awoot...@shopping.com>
Subject RE: BigTable
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 18:38:57 GMT
That would solve a lot of problems for me.
I've been thinking of ways to sneak up on it, and not have to write the whole thing as per
the google bigtable spec.

A good start, imho, would be to get some db read code (like for instance: LinkDbReader) to
distribute the lookup to local machines instead of streaming big chunks to a client machine
so it can find one record.

- alan wootton

-----Original Message-----
From: Leen Toelen [mailto:toelen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:09 AM
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: BigTable

Hi,

are there any plans to create a structured data storage system like
Google's BigTable in Hadoop? Their implementation relies heavily on
mapreduce and gfs, so Hadoop is an ideal match. BigTable is what
drives google base, earth and news for instance.

http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-10-23-n61.html

Regards,
Leen Toelen