hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject HBase Design Ideas, terminology
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 20:42:57 GMT
Hi Michael,

what you think are the next steps?
I really would love to help in the implementation,
ideally we define interfaces or create lists of functionality and may
be people can provide implementations for the different components.
Or is your idea to provide a first implementation and continue on a
patch file kind of development?

What you think to create a wiki page were we at least list all
components within a short description and list of functionalities.
We can start with your emails and discuss each component in detail
here in the list.

Makes that sense?

BTW,
Yoram and me discussed that a kind of big table could be a
interesting storage for data that are hold in memory in jobtracker
and namenode and cause some scalability problems.
What you think?

Greetings,
Stefan