hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: Can we use the features that are new in Java 1.5 for Hadoop contribution?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 03:22:03 GMT
It would be nice to have, nothing more.
Hadoop 0.2 will introduce some features that can be very useful for
nutch.
Nutch is mostly used as smaller  horizontal search engines or
alternatives to google appliance servers.
In such scenarios I saw often that it runs on the same servers as the
portal or webpage that still use java 1.4.
Again, nice to have - no requirement.

Stefan

blog: http://www.find23.org
company: http://www.media-style.com