hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Marko Bauhardt ...@media-style.com>
Subject killing a local job never worked?
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:19:54 GMT
Hi developers.
How to kill a local running job?

I use hadoop localrunner integrated in a virtual machine.
The api allows to kill a local job but looks like this had never
worked as killing a distributed job works today.
The problem I see is that in the LocaljobRunner the stop method of
the private inner class job (what is a thread) is triggered.
But this method only kills the job but never kills the running map
and reduce tasks that still use job resources.
The result is when trigger kill job in a localJobRunner the tasks
throws tons for NPE's.

What people think about implementing a  clean kill method instead
using Thread.stop in the inner class job of the LocaljobRunner?

Thanks for any comments.
Marko.