hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release 0.1
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:32:56 GMT
Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> Just one thing. Let's do it as Doug proposed earlier
> hadoop dfs -check

It's only given this name in bin/hadoop.  It should break no code to
change what 'bin/hadoop fsck' does in the future.  So I don't see how it
makes a difference whether this is invoked as 'bin/hadoop dfs -check' or
'bin/hadoop fsck'.  If someone is parsing the output of bin/hadoop
commands then they could be broken, but that would be a fragile program
anyway.  Updating what 'bin/hadoop fsck' does will not change any public
APIs.

> This is a good piece of code, but too far from what the real
> fsck should do to deserve the name :-)

It is the closest thing we have now.

Doug