hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: release 0.1
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:01:58 GMT
Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> Just one thing. Let's do it as Doug proposed earlier
> hadoop dfs -check

The reason I put it under a different command is that it has more
options than any other command in DFSShell, and adding all of them to
the synopsis would hurt eyes, the synopsis is already too long as it is.

> This is a good piece of code, but too far from what the real
> fsck should do to deserve the name :-)
> I mean sooner or later somebody will write a real fsck, and we will have
> to call it something else.

I realize this is less than what a real fsck should be, but at the
moment it's the closest thing we have. And SVN allows one to rename
things...

If other people also feel it should be renamed, I can do it, no problem.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><