hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release 0.1
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:48:31 GMT
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> I would like to commit DFSck before the release, if that's ok.

That sounds fine to me.

This week, pre-release, we should be careful: (1) not to make changes
that might destabilize things; and (2) we should not add new public APIs
that have not been well-vetted, since once these are in a released
version it will be harder to modify them.  But DFSck is primarily a new
class that prints something informative, right?  So it shouldn't break
anything, and it doesn't add any public API other than DFSck().main(),
right?  (I can't get through to Jira right now...)

Doug