hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@archive.org>
Subject Re: Hung job
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:17:24 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> stack wrote:
>> Yes. Sounds like right thing to do. Minor comments in the below.
>> Meantime, let me try it.
>
> Great.  Please report on whether this works for you.
>
>> Should there be a 'throw e;' after TaskTracker.LOG.log above?
>
> Yes.  You're right, there should be.

I ran overnight and had the same issue where map output had been moved
aside because of a Checksum error -- looks like I have bad memory in one
of my slaves -- only this time, when a reducer tried to pick up the
mangled output, the tasktracker was restarted... so the patch looks like
its doing the right thing (I lost a lot of jobs unfortunately but, at
least we keep going).

Thanks,
St.Ack