hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about the "N"DFSClient
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:47:05 GMT
barry.kaplan@gmail.com wrote:
> I am going through my code and changing over from NDFS to DFS since I
> was using Nutch primarily for the DFS. I noticed that the protection
> of the DFSClient has changed along with things like DFSFile and
> DataNodeInfo.Was the reason solely to make the JavaDoc simpler?

Improving the javadoc is nice, but is a side-effect of trying to
separate the public API from the implementation.  A smaller public API
makes it easier to evolve the implementation without breaking folks
(like you!).

> I was using those objects to have a jsp rendered status check, so
> having them available would be nice.

What methods do you need from DFSClient that are not generically
available on FileSystem and/or DistributedFilesystem?

View raw message