hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramanan R." <ramanan...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting started
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:55:27 GMT
Hello,

   I've just downloaded Hadoop and basically have a few questions about
getting started.

   I'm currently working on a study to asses Mapreduce's performance in
different situations, including smaller clusters and CMP machines. So my
main questions is if there's a place I can go to to find out how exactly
hadoop should be set up.

   Also, I am aware that we can specify the number of hosts that will be
available for the mapreduce operations, but in its current form, can hadoop
handle assigning tasks to multiple processors within a single machine? If
so, is there any documentation on how it's done?

   Any help on this would really be appreciated since I'm kind of lost right
now. Thank a lot in advance.

Ram