hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: find a tasktracker that process a named task
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:26:28 GMT
Thanks, that is a cool idea. Would it still possible provide status
information like number of queries a search server actually process?
I don't think so since there is only one status and no status
protocol, right?. Using status for things like load messages can help
to decide if it make sense to start more search server automatically
in high load times.
But may this can also handled by the search server client. I will add
this to my todo list and try it out.:)

Stefan

Am 17.02.2006 um 01:14 schrieb Doug Cutting:

> Stefan Groschupf wrote:
>> First let me give a use case:
>> We have some nutch index search servers running as MapRunnable tasks.
>> The problem: how a client that want's to connect to this search
>> servers knows all the hosts that runs this runnable and may track
>> changes?
>
> Here's a hack I've contemplated: you can call setStatus() with the
> host:port, then use JobSubmissionProtocol.getMapTaskReports() to
> retrieve all of the status strings.  Voila.
>
> Doug

George Orwel was an Optimist
blog: http://www.find23.org
company: http://www.media-style.com