hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject pollForTaskWithClosedJob return only one taskId
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:40:47 GMT
Hi hadoop developers,

sorry to ask but there is something in the code I'm not clearly
understand.
In a small setup it could happen that one tasktracker is running two
tasks from the same job as far I understand the code.
When the job failed the tracker need to 'shutdown' potential still
running tasks. He do so until offering services (Tasktracker line: 286).
What is confusing me is that the method:
jobClient.pollForTaskWithClosedJob(taskTrackerName) only returns one
String but not a string array.
Since there are potential more than one task to stop shouldn't the
method return an array of taskid's?

Sure the other still running jobs will be closed in each iteration of
calling offering job, but does that makes sense? In general that just
holds the tasktrackers more busy  than necessary.
Do I may be miss something or could that be improved?

Thanks for any light!
Stefan

blog: http://www.find23.org
company: http://www.media-style.com