hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: Writable vs Externalizable
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:34:05 GMT
Ohh thanks for finding this old posting. :)
Until last days I was thinking about if it may makes sense to
retrigger this question.
Since Hadoop is focused to provide a basic for more 'users' than
nutch, this may makes more sense than ever before.
However this would be a big step for hadoop and nutch since many
things are very much coupled with this mechanism e.g. nutch rcp.
However the change wouldn't be difficult just a lot of typing work.

Well my voice isn't that powerful, but here is my vote: +1. :-)
Stefan

company:        http://www.media-style.com
forum:        http://www.text-mining.org
blog:            http://www.find23.net