hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Bug fixes not promoted since Friday.
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:21:38 GMT
Doug,

Could you please take a look at three JIRA issues that sitting there for
quite a while now:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-42
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-40
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-33

The first two are actually bugs that produce incorrect results as I
write it.
The last one is an improvement, which would not heart any existing
functionality.
It would be good to resolve them one way or another.

Thanks,

--Konst

Sameer Paranjpye (JIRA) wrote:

>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-51?page=all ]
>
>Sameer Paranjpye reassigned HADOOP-51:
>--------------------------------------
>
>    Assign To: Konstantin Shvachko  (was: Sameer Paranjpye)
>

>>per-file replication counts
>>---------------------------
>>
>>         Key: HADOOP-51
>>     Project: Hadoop
>>        Type: New Feature
>>  Components: dfs
>>    Versions: 0.1
>>    Reporter: Doug Cutting
>>    Assignee: Konstantin Shvachko
>>     Fix For: 0.1
>>

>>It should be possible to specify different replication counts for different files.
 Perhaps an option when creating a new file should be the desired replication count.  MapReduce
should take advantage of this feature so that job.xml and job.jar files, which are frequently
accessed by lots of machines, are more highly replicated than large data files.