hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ritchie <jritc...@netwurklabs.com>
Subject Re: hadoop build fails in eclipse with last version of build.xml
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:15:06 GMT

The -uriroot option is getting its base directory from where you started
eclipse from I'm thinking.

I used netbeans from time to time and tried to build SVN Hadoop and was
getting this error.

After changing the -uriroot to an absolute path it worked.  So I
defaulted back to the original build.xml closed out Netbeans and
restarted it in the SVN trunk directory.  In your case I would have
started it in the C:\work\nutch-0.7.1\Hadoop directory.  The ant task
completed with no problems.

You have 2 options.

1.  Hard code the path in the build.xml file.
2. For ease of starting eclipse under windows.  Copy the shortcut to say
your desktop.  'Right-click' 'properties' and change the 'start in' to

Now the question I have is why is that the only task that has a problem
with relative directories?  Anyone?

Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> I am compiling hadoop under eclipse, and receiving a JasperException.
> I understand this is some how related to transition from jspc to jasper,
> since before the last update everything worked fine.
> Anybody having the same problem?
> Do I need to do something to get jasper work properly?
> Here is the exact listing
> Buildfile: C:\Work\nutch-0.7.1\Hadoop\build.xml
> init:
> compile:
> C:\Work\nutch-0.7.1\Hadoop\build.xml:109:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The -uriroot option must specify a
> pre-existing directory
> Total time: 1 second
> Thanks,
> Konstantin