hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376366 - in /lucene/hadoop/trunk: build.xml src/webapps/jobtracker/ src/webapps/mapred/
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:36:04 GMT
Bryan A. Pendleton wrote:
> When I use the latest build.xml, the jasper task doesn't run.
>
> Is there a missing library that should be available to make this work for
> ant? I'm using a debian-installed ant, with the ant-optional package also
> installed. After a default "ant" build, there are no jsps in build/webapps.
> The  "compile:" ant job doesn't mention a jsp-compile task, either, all of
> the lines of output are prefixed with "[javac]". Hitting

I strongly recommend installing ant from Apache.  I've seen strange
problems before with the debian install.  My ant shows:

ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005

Try the following:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/hadoop/trunk hadoop
cd hadoop
ant
.... copy attached hadoop-site.xml to conf ...
bin/start-all.sh
wget -O - http://localhost:50030/

Does that work for you?

Doug