hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <o...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376492 - /lucene/hadoop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.java
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:12:03 GMT
Actually, I liked the first fix for the java 1.4 problem better (489
rather than 492), since it was shorter and more concise.

Furthermore, I think that it is a serious mistake to mask the problem
of not finding the jar file. For map/reduce, the application will fail
without the jar set. Having it fail at the right spot in the driver is
much better than having it fail in the task tracker with Class Not
Found.

-- Owen