hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Bryan A. Pendleton" ...@geekdom.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376492 - /lucene/hadoop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.java
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:21:36 GMT
I agree that the first fix is better (handling the file: part of the URL).

I don't quite agree about not setting a Jar file masking the problem -
certainly, testing things out in debugging environments makes it not
guaranteed that there's a Jar there. In any case, it would certainly be
better to fail-fast there, but, at this point, fail-fast by obscure NPE
isn't necessarily better. Is there something better?

--
Bryan A. Pendleton
Ph: (877) geek-1-bp