gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject State of vmgump migration
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:36:54 GMT
Hello

I've just finished a full run of the Gump testbed on vgump-vm3 - a
machine where most of what we need has been installed via Puppet.

"installed packages" have been checked out manually as they had been on
vmgump. Also I'll probably not add the workspace definition to Puppet as
we'll eventually need to store the DB credentials there and I don't know
how to do so via Puppet in a secure way.

Things that are missing and that I hope to get done over the coming week
or so:

* figure out how to properly configure the Apache vhost needed for Gump
  via Puppet - given I cannot properly test this in my local vagrant
  setup and the "create github PR wait for merge cycle" that's involved,
  this may take some time

* ensure vmgump-vm3 can send emails even to non-@apache.org adresses

* add user accounts for people who want shell access (at least Mark and
  Bill, I'd guess. Anybody else?)

* build a full workspace

* copy the DB from vmgump and make Gump on vmgump-vm3 write to it

* make cron run the build

* hand back vmgump to infra

Stefan