gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Gump Q3 2016
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:44:22 GMT
Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server.  Gump's
intention isn't so much to be a CI server but rather a vehicle that
makes people look beyond their project's boundaries and helps the
projects to collaborate.

Gump is written in Python and supports several build tools and version
control systems.  The Apache installation of Gump builds ASF as well
as non-ASF projects and their dependencies.  It started in the Java
part of the foundation but also builds projects like APR, HTTPd and
XMLUnit.NET.

== Summary ==

Some low activity on migrating to a new VM and Gump is back on
MacOS X. Gump seems to create useful results for the few projects
that use it.

== Releases ==

Gump has never done any releases.  One reason for this is that the ASF
installations of Gump work on the latest code base almost all of the
time following its "integrate everything continuously" philosophy.

== Activity ==

The Linux VM we use for our main installation vmgump is scheduled to
get replaced as its host Eirene is about to be decommissioned. Work
hasn't really started on it but is expected to be completed during the
next quarter. As a result the Gump installation will get puppetized
which will make creating future installations easier, should there
ever be a need for them.

After a longish hibernation Gump is back on adam.apache.org thanks to
Sander Temme's work. We know adam is on the list of hosts to get
decommissioned as well but are happy to see it provide results that
may be useful while it lasts.

== Changes to the Roster ==

All ASF committers have write access to the metadata that configure
the ASF installations.

The last changes to the PMC have seen Konstantin Kolinko and Mark
Thomas join in November 2014.