gump-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Cleanup Ant source directory at vmgump (Permissions issue writing to Git reflog file)
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:08:31 GMT
Hi!

"update_ant" step is failing with

error: Unable to append to .git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master:
Permission denied

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ant/
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ant/gump_work/update_ant.html

I guess that it is really a permission error, as the message says.

Can somebody cleanup that directory, so that a fresh copy is cloned
from git repository?

Working Directory: /srv/gump/public/workspace/cvs/ant

The failing operation is Git trying to append to a reflog file. If
this issue affects more than one project, I think we can disable git
reflogs by setting "core.logAllRefUpdates" configuration property to
false, as Git manual says. [1]

[1] https://git-scm.com/docs/git-config

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko