gump-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change "metadata" external at Gump live to use relative URL
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:01:36 GMT
> On 2015-02-11, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>
>> If I checkout the "live" directory, it has "metadata" directory as
>> svn:external that is always checked out as http. As such, any changes
>> to files in metadata cannot be committed as committing requires HTTPS.
>
> Fixed - oh, just saw your patch, looks better than my change.
>
> TBH I never thought about committing from inside the live directory.

My scenario was:
1) svn checkout /live  -- to look what it is and to follow up the changes
2) note that I have two copies of metadata (a standalone one that I
used before and the second one in live)
3) remove the standalone one to do not waste disk space on duplicates

4) make a change in live/metadata   (/project/tomcat-tc7.xml)
5) try to commit

>> Apparently I do not have commit right to /live to fix it myself.
>
> I forgot to add Mark and yourself to the gump Unix group, done now.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko