gump-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Gump Wiki] Update of "Drafts/BoardReports/20140618" by StefanBodewig
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 14:36:34 GMT
On 8 June 2014 12:57, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Gump Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The "Drafts/BoardReports/20140618" page has been changed by StefanBodewig:
> https://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20140618
>
> New page:
> Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server.  Gump's intention isn't
so much to be a CI server but rather a vehicle that makes people look beyond their project's
boundaries and helps the projects to collaborate.

> Gump is written in Python and supports several build tools and version control systems.
 The Apache installation of Gump builds ASF as well as non-ASF projects and their dependencies.
 It started in the Java part of the foundation but also builds projects like APR, HTTPd and
XMLUnit.NET.

> == Summary ==
> Gump seems to create useful results for the few projects that use it.  Ant decided to
switch from svn to git which might require some real coding work to be done.

> == Releases ==
> Gump has never done any releases.  One reason for this is that the ASF installations
of Gump work on the latest code base almost all of the time following its "integrate everything
continuously" philosophy.

> == Activity ==
> Ant migrated most if its codebases from svn to git.  When Gump switched to use the git
location we had to learn the ASF's https git service was not compatible with git 1.7.x which
still is the latest version available as package for Ubuntu 10.04 (which powers vmgump).
A self-compiled git 2.0 on vmgump solved the problem.

s/most if its/most of its/

> While Gump caught up with the change for Ant itself, the Antlib and Ivy builds are still
using the stale svn uris.  The Ant project is currently pondering the idea of using git submodules
for the Antlibs projects, these are not supported by Gump, yet, which may require some changes
in the git integration.

> == Changes to the Roster ==
> All ASF committers have write access to the metadata that configure the ASF installations.
>
> No new committers to the code base, no changes to the PMC.  The most recent addition
to the PMC was in December 2006 when we added Sander Temme.