gump-general mailing list archives

From Ludmila Shikhvarg <Ludmila.Shikhv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: logging-log4j-12 failed
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:59:14 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2013-10-07, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> I'm using JDK8 from https://jdk8.java.net/download.html to run gump.
>> logging-log4j-12 is started to fail with b75 and onward (the build log
>> is attached).
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file for sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleProviderAdapter
not found
>> com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.util.DocletAbortException: com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure:
class file for sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleProviderAdapter not found

> Looks like a defect in javadoc to me - at least not like anything the
> log4j devs would be able to fix.
>
> Stefan

The same exception seen before the failure.
Heads up:
javadoc -Xdoclint is a new feature in jdk8. Default behavior is on so
that javadoc now issues warnings and errors and problems in javadoc
comments in the source:

$ jdk8/bin/javadoc -X
  -Xdoclint                        Enable recommended checks for
problems in javadoc comments
  -Xdoclint:(all|none|[-]<group>)
        Enable or disable specific checks for problems in javadoc comments,
       where <group> is one of accessibility, html, missing, reference,
or syntax.

You may choose to fix your javadoc comments, or to get backward
compatible behavior with jdk7 use -Xdoclint:none.

Regards,
Ludmila