gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5 (in module jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5) failed
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 04:29:30 GMT
On 2013-08-20, Mark Thomas wrote:

> On 18/08/2013 00:42, bobh@apache.org wrote:

> <snip/>

>> build-only:
>>     [javac] Compiling 97 source files to /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5/build/shared/classes
>>     [javac] /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JDTCompiler.java:86:
error: CompilationUnit is not abstract and does not override abstract method ignoreOptionalProblems()
in ICompilationUnit
>>     [javac]         class CompilationUnit implements ICompilationUnit {
>>     [javac]         ^
>>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>>     [javac] 1 error

> This isn't going to work until the right version the Eclipse JDT
> compiler (ecj-3.7.2.jar) is available in the Eclipse package.

> Is there a way I can make this happen via updating the metadata? I
> didn't see anything obvious.

No, the "installed packages", i.e. stuff Gump doesn't build but provides
as jars, can only be added by Gump PMC members.

So far I held back as I expected you to tell me that you wanted to drop
the Tomcat 5 builds :-)

I can and will take care of the older ecj version unless Bill beats me
to it or you stop me.

Stefan