gump-general mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Where to go with Gump?
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 01:06:44 GMT
Hi Stephan

If gump does go fubar then we would need to find an alternate means to supply build.sysclasspath
to quote Ant folk
"In Ant's case        Gump set's Ant's build.sysclasspath to only and manages the system classpath"

the fact that it builds APR (which is a dependency of Apache HTTPD) seems to justify its existence

this little snippet from the gump website gives me the willies
It is written in Python
*which means we would need more than a passing familiarity with makefiles, gcc and ld *

2 years ago i worked at a site which did alot of python  programming and the 'object' file
was compiled as pyc
(python component)
i remember python version checking was non-existent and if you had the wrong version of pyc
on your path
it would take you days before you would be able to
find the correct version source
find the gcc compiler that would compile it
link it to correct pyc format
 and then stick it on your path

Am i the only advocate to converting gump to java?

Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.