gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject xml-commons RIP
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 01:03:37 GMT
It seems that xml-commons' repository has gone away.  I found this out while
testing a local version of Gump that had no checkouts. Given that it is
stale, and in the boot-classpath of just about every ant project, it should
go away for modern JVMs.  I just want opinions on options. As I see it the
choices are:

1) leave the stale projects, but remove the boot attribute. Upside, least
amount of work. Downside, nobody will be able to set up a fresh Gump.
2) make the projects empty, and think of something for the couple of
projects that have a <property .../> depend (or just let them fail).
3) remove it completely and edit a large number of projects that refer to it
4) Ignore the problem completely until there is a break with the JVM.

My personal preference is in order 2,1,4,3, but want to hear other opinions
first.