gump-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with mercurial 2.1
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:46:41 GMT
2012/3/16 Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> maybe somebody with more experience with hg than myself can help.
>
> With the upgrade of the the FreeBSD jail gump is now using Mercurial 2.1
> there.  Since them most if not all hg updates are failing.  The reason
> is (quoting "hg help pull")
>
> ,----
> |     Returns 0 on success, 1 if no changes found or an update had unresolved
> |     files.
> `----
>
> so Gump can no longer tell a "pull" that didn't change anything from one
> that failed (I'm sure there is an explanation why mixing "nothing to do"
> with "things have failed" is not silly).

Searching about this issue, I see that people say that the old
behaviour was restored in Mercurial 2.1.1 (released 2012-03-01).

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9410140/mercurial-2-1-how-can-i-use-pull-incoming-without-getting-return-code-1-when-th
[2] http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/UpgradeNotes
[3] http://selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/2012-February/037986.html

> Does anybody see any way to make hg support work without making it a
> two-step process of running "hg incoming" first and only run "pull" if
> that returned 0?

Maybe wrap "hg pull" with some script and examine what last line of
its output says. People say that it is localized, but you can know
what language your FreeBSD instance uses.  Or just ignore the return
code for now - until you can install 2.1.1.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko