gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with mercurial 2.1
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:11:40 GMT
On 2012-03-18, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2012/3/16 Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>:
>> Hi,

>> maybe somebody with more experience with hg than myself can help.

>> With the upgrade of the the FreeBSD jail gump is now using Mercurial 2.1
>> there.  Since them most if not all hg updates are failing.  The reason
>> is (quoting "hg help pull")

>> ,----
>> |     Returns 0 on success, 1 if no changes found or an update had unresolved
>> |     files.
>> `----

>> so Gump can no longer tell a "pull" that didn't change anything from one
>> that failed (I'm sure there is an explanation why mixing "nothing to do"
>> with "things have failed" is not silly).

> Searching about this issue, I see that people say that the old
> behaviour was restored in Mercurial 2.1.1 (released 2012-03-01).

Thanks, I didn't search myself.

>> Does anybody see any way to make hg support work without making it a
>> two-step process of running "hg incoming" first and only run "pull" if
>> that returned 0?

> Maybe wrap "hg pull" with some script and examine what last line of
> its output says. People say that it is localized, but you can know
> what language your FreeBSD instance uses.  Or just ignore the return
> code for now - until you can install 2.1.1.

Current trunk now runs "hg incoming" and only runs "hg pull" if there
are any changes.  This isn't ideal as "hg incoming" doesn't really
differentiate between "no updates" and "error" either, but parsing the
message didn't look like a clean solution either.  I don't have any idea
if/when FreeBSD may update hg.

Thanks

Stefan