gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency on checkstyle.jar in tomcat-trunk-validate returns glob instead of actual name
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 04:24:37 GMT
On 2011-04-03, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> Why <depend property="checkstyle.jar" project="checkstyle"/> in an
> <ant> builder does not resolve to the full path to the actual jar
> file, but glob pattern is returned instead?

Looks like a Bug to me that so far has remained unnoticed.  And I'm not
sure how easy it would be to fix right now since properties are likely
resolved beforeGump even starts building and thus before it knows the
full jar name.

I'll look into it, but can't promise a quick solution.

As a workaround you could specify the full path explicitly using

<property name="..." project="checkstyle"
          path="target/checkstyle-5.3-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>

with a separate <depend/> outside of your <ant/> tag.

Stefan