gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1075910 - in /gump/metadata/project: directory-apacheds.xml directory-shared.xml
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 05:04:45 GMT
On 2011-03-01, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Apache Directory Server has a lot of maven projects in it and they do
> a lot of refactoring.

I know 8-)

> Would there not be something to do to automate the maintenance of gump
> descriptors for maven based projects ?

> Or even better, could gump be made able to read parent pom.xml files
> directly and reinterpret them as gump metadata ?

The main problem is the mismatch of ids.  Gump's id space is flat and
Maven has the tuple of groupId and artifactId.  In many cases we can use
the artifactId but it is not always possible as things tend to clash
from time to time (junit-addons is one such example).  I don't see an
automated way to resolve this.

Another problem is writing a POM parser for Gump that recursively chased
down parent POMs and knew how to consider the dependencies of plugins
(almost all mvn projects depend on Velocity via the site plugin).

> I do not have CPU cycles to develop that

Me neither, sorry.

Stefan